The Northfield Downtown Development Corporation (NDDC) is pleased to announce the results of the “Downtown Northfield Small Business Blitz” fundraising campaign held May 1-16, 2020. This campaign was conducted in conjunction with the #GiveAtHomeMN event sponsored by GiveMN.org.
The goal of the NDDC fund drive was $2,500. Our donors generously exceeded that goal with a final tally of $3,055. These donations will be distributed to the following businesses who applied for one-time assistance to improve their operations during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Aquatic Pets Plus—for interior lighting improvements
- Forget-Me-Not Florist—for updates to outdoor signage and awnings
- The HideAway Coffeehouse and Wine Bar—for interior remodeling projects
- The Quarterback Club—for interior remodeling projects
- Vintage, Etc.—for interior painting projects
This outpouring of financial support is a follow-up to the $4,000 already distributed to eight other downtown Northfield businesses by the NDDC. These funds were provided by Rethos: Places Reimagined to the NDDC as Northfield’s designated Main Street organization.