UPDATE: The deadline for the most recent round of applications has passed. Please stay tuned for more information, as the NDDC continues to seek grants and donations to support this program.
The Northfield Downtown Development Corporation is pleased to offer another round of Business Support Funds thanks to a generous donation from Wings Financial Credit Union. Downtown businesses can apply to receive up to $1,000 for projects and investments that will enhance their operations during the current pandemic. The funds are ultimately limited, but all eligible businesses are encouraged to apply.
Eligible Projects: Marketing, customer and community engagement and relations, unique business specific reopening events, operational upgrades (including technology, online stores, etc.), physical space updates (signs, displays, paint/construction supplies), your time to complete the project.
Ineligible Expenses: Rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, inventory costs, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business, personal expenses (groceries, healthcare, etc.)
The application deadline is 12pm on Monday, March 15th. Questions may be directed to Greg Siems, NDDC Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional Criteria for Applicants:
- Be located in the C1 zoning district (indicated in pink on this map)
- Have fewer than 20 employees (combination of part and full time)
- Must be a brick and mortar business or nonprofit
- Business may rent or own space
- Demonstrate impact: how will the funds benefit or sustain your business during and post-pandemic?
- Businesses who received support funds in 2020 are welcome to apply again, but priority consideration will be given to those who did not receive any earlier funds
2020 RECIPIENTS and PROJECT DESCRIPTIONS
- By All Means Graphics—for a digital marketing campaign to promote an online ordering system
- The Entertainment Guide—for marketing to promote local events and happenings
- Groundwire / Little Joy Coffee—for website updates to support direct-to-consumer sales
- Heartwork Yoga Studio—for high-quality wireless headphones for instructors to improve the online class experience
- The Measuring Cup—for website updates to allow for online shopping
- Minnesota Soulstice—for improvements and maintenance of an online store
- Northfield Area Chamber of Commerce—for sidewalk signs to promote foot traffic when MN’s stay-at-home order is lifted.
- The Rare Pair—for creation and maintenance of an e-commerce site
- Aquatic Pets Plus—for interior lighting improvements
- Forget-Me-Not Florist—for updates to outdoor signage and awnings
- The HideAway Coffeehouse and Wine Bar—for interior remodeling projects
- The Quarterback Club—for interior remodeling projects
- Vintage, Etc.—for interior painting projects